Application portal opens 02 April for winter semester 2024/25
Apply online via https://campus.hs-mannheim.de
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
with a focus on
- Automation and Industrial Internet of Things
- Power Engineering and Renewable Energies
- E-Mobility and Autonomous Driving
Application deadline for winter course 31 July
No summer intake
Start of courses 2 September
Recommended application timeline
15 May latest for international applicants (for visa reasons)
15 July latest for EU applicants and those not living in the Mannheim area yet (for student housing reasons)
Apply online via our application portal: https://campus.hs-mannheim.de
- Email your application documents for initial evaluation to Mrs. Silke Förstermann (email@example.com). She will give advice and check eligibility for you.
- Go to https://campus.hs-mannheim.de/
- Switch to English language with country icon in right bottom corner on front page of the Campusportal.
- Register your personal details in the portal to generate your application account.
- Prepare your documents: produce pdf scans of max. 5 MB per document.
- Create an application for Bachelor Electrical Engineering.
- Upload all necessary application documents.
- Submit your complete online application before the end of our application deadline.
We recommend to submit the application as soon as possible to ease visa and housing procedures.
Required application documents:
- School leaving certificates with grades and university transcripts of your current course of studies (if you are studying already) -- Upload one combined pdf scan max. size 5 MB.
- English language proof (IELTS, TOEFL or proof of English as medium of instruction)
- CV (written in English and up-to-date)
- Reference letter (written in English) from one of your teachers or professors, preferably in Maths or Physics
- Motivational letter (written in English, maximum one A4 page)
- Why do you want to study electrical engineering?
- What are your specific talents or interests?
- What is your motivation for studying in Germany?
- Why Mannheim?
- Which skills and what knowledge do you want to gain by studying with us?
- „Auskunftsformular“ on tuition fees
Eligible to apply? Check whether your school qualifications can lead to direct access to our international BSc programme or whether you would need additional academic experience or additional tests to be eligible to apply with us. Check here .
Studienkolleg Applicants from some countries require additional academic experience on top of their higher education entrance qualification. They need to attend a certain number of semesters in a Bachelor course in engineering in their home country or alternatively they can complete a Studienkolleg in Germany prior to their application to Hochschule Mannheim. Information on Studienkolleg in Germany can be found at studienkollegs.de
SAT If your school leaving certificate isn´t available within our application time period you could apply with a SAT or ACT test score and later submit your school leaving certificate. Subject tests in maths and physics can also support your application. SAT information with international test dates and test centers can be found at collegereadiness.collegeboard.org
English language proof accepted
- TOEFL: minimum 80
- IELTS: minimum 6.0
- medium of instruction
Application deadline Your complete application must be uploaded by 31 July. We recommend to submit the application as soon as possible to ease visa and housing procedures. For international students this should not be later than 15 May.
Winter semester only Our international programme starts beginning of September with a three-week welcome and culture programme in parallel to intensive German training.
English language skills needed Proof of sufficient English language skills is one of the admission prerequisites (TOEFL minimum 80 (IBT); IELTS minimum 6.0). Students who have studied for at least one year with English as the medium of instruction need to include proof of this in their application and do not need any other certification.
German language skills German language skills are not mandatory for admission. We recommend German level A2 for a good start in Germany.
You cannot submit an application unless it is complete Please note that due to university admission regulations we cannot consider an application unless it is complete. Please contact Silke Förstermann (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are uncertain about your document. We are unable to accept predicted grades. You may be required to submit a SAT or ACT test to meet our application deadline. Applicants from an EU country may apply with the certificate of the winter semester of the 12th class.
International students need to be at least 18 years old when enrolling with us beginning of September.
Multitude of applications each year Due to the multitude of applications we receive each year, and as the number of students to be admitted is restricted, applicants should have a very good school-leaving certificate or university transcript. Our admissions committee focuses on your grades in Maths and Physics. You may apply for first semester only, no access to higher semesters can be given.
Prof. Dr. Simon Effler
Dean of Studies EEB